• To oversee the implementation of Inclusive Education Policy
• Involvement in the long term planning according to the main aspects of Inclusive Education for Brunei Darussalam
• To plan and conduct the special education programmes
• To plan and provide the support services for students with special education needs
• To plan and provide continuous professional development for teachers
• To conduct psychometric/psychoeducational tests and assessments to measure the capabilities of students with special needs in a classroom
• To evaluate the effectiveness of the special education programmes and support services for students with special needs
• To collect the data and informations of students with special education needs
• To establish SEU as the resource center for Special Education / Inclusive Education
• To liase with national and international agencies in order to provide the most effective services to students with special needs.
• To promote the public awareness about Special Education / Inclusive Education
• To increase the involvement of parents and guardians in the aid of students with special needs
• Students with special needs in government and private schools.
• Teachers in government and private schools.
• Parents and guardians.
• Leaders in schools and education.
• Related government agencies.
• Corporate Sectors (Private).
• NGOs that provide support service to individuals with different abilities.
• The community.
Programmes Conducted by UPK:
1. Learning Assistance Programme
2. Pre-Vocational Programme
3. National Gifted Education Programme