for Malay Version
|Director ||Yang Mulia Dr. Awang Hazri bin Haji Kifle|
|Address||2nd & 3rd Floor, Block C|
Ministry of Education
Old Airport Road
|Contact||Tel : +673 2382126/ +673 2381757|
Fax : +673 2380115
|About the Department|
|Department of Planning, Development and Research is currently under the jurisdiction of Permanent Secretary (Higher Education), Ministry of Education. The department consists of 45 personnel, i.e. 27 officers and 18 support staff. There are five (5) sections/unit under the department, i.e. (i) Administration and Human Resource Development Section; (ii) Finance and Legislative Council Section; (iii) Research and Planning Section; (iv) Education Data Management Section; (v) International Assessment Unit.|
Sections and Units
- Administration and Human Resource Development Section
- Finance and Legislative Council Section
- Reseach and Planning Section
- Education Data Management Section
- International Assessment Unit
|Quality Education, Dynamic Nation|
|To formulate educational planning and development through evidence-based research for decision-making|
- Strategic Objective 1: Transform our organization human resources through a performance-driven culture for growth and success.
- Strategic Objective 2: Provide equal and equitable access to quality education
- Strategic Objective 3: Engage and involve stakeholders for shared accountability in the learning development of our learners
| Organization Structure|
| Duties & Responsibilites|
- Conducting policy oriented and evidence-based researches to support planning formation and revision of policy align with Ministry of Education strategic direction and Brunei Vision 2035.
- Identifying current educational issues that requre examination and further research.
- Collecting and analysing educational data for Ministry of Education including the Publishing of Educational Statistic Book Brunei Darussalam and Educational Key Indictors Handbook.
- Functioning as Ministry of Education communicator with government and international agencies with regard to respective data and information such as with Economic Planning and Development Department and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO); and
- As Legislative Council Secretariat.